httpd-users mailing list archives

From Wei Wang <Wei.W...@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Apache starting problem.
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 14:11:08 GMT
I put
httpd -f /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
in apachectl.

Now it works:

apachectl start
/local/scratch-1/ww220/Apache1.3/bin/apachectl start: httpd (pid 12655) already running

But when I run "httpd restart", I got
httpd: could not open document config file PREFIX/conf/httpd.conf
It seems that the PREFIX is not correct. Where can I set this PREFIX?

Also how can I access the htdocs/index.html from a browser? I am a bit confused
with the ServerName and Location directives. Which one should I set and then use
that URL to access?

Cheers,

Wei