httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Brownlee <dav...@wrq.com>
Subject Re: ip filteration at runtime
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 19:12:33 GMT
I don't know about your specific question but, there may be workarounds.  For
example, you could serve your admin application from a Virtualhost that
listens to a different port and then block access to that port with a
firewall that can be dynamically updated (like Linux netfilter if you're
running on Linux).  You might also want to handle access in the application
itself.

On Saturday 25 May 2002 07:53 am, Ammar M.Ibrahim wrote:
> i'm trying to write some sort of ipfilter on a server wide scope.
> i'm writing the administration's interface with PHP. what i did is simply i
> open the access.conf with php and add the following line
>
> deny from <ip address>
>
> this works fine, but i need to restart the server everytime i need to
> update the list.. is there a work around? i need to make such filteration
> but without the need to restart the server!
>
> thanks in advance

David Brownlee
IT Systems Manager
WRQ, Inc.