httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dario Spagnolo <sp...@ifrance.com>
Subject Re: MaxRequestsPerChild has no effect
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 22:57:13 GMT
On Tuesday 28 May 2002 00:34, you wrote:
> On Mon, 27 May 2002, Dario Spagnolo wrote:

> > > Can you do a graceful restart (kill -USR1 the parent process)?
> >
> > I have done so. The parent server generation has increased by one and all
> > the children have been restarted.
> > By the way, MinSpareServers and MaxSpareServers are still set to their
> > default values.
>
> I see no problem with your server.  Looking at your server-status page, I
> see "Accesses this child" less than "Accesses this slot" in almost all
> cases, which shows that processes are being recyled.
>
> I think you should look elsewhere for your performance problems.

I don't know how you managed to get access to the server-status page. It
shoud only be allowed from localhost.

But anyway, you are right ! I was trying to see if it worked by requesting
the page several times per second to increase the requests number but I had
forgotten about KeepAlive. So I disabled it and I could see the real-world
situation and it was working.

Thank you very much and I am sorry for the time you wasted on this
non-problem.

Dario