httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <burri...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: .htaccess file still not working
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 03:47:00 GMT
Hi Octavian,

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 06:34:06AM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> The recommendation was to put "AllowOverride all" in my virtualhost and not
> for my directory, outside  virtualhost.

I think this may have been an erroneous recommendation - the documentation
for the AllowOverride directive states that it is only valid in the context
of a <Directory> block.

As I understand it, you have tried putting this directive in a Directory
block for /var/www/teddy/html to attempt to override the configuration in
the Directory section for /var/www/*/html

If that's correct, and it didn't work, I'll go out on a limb and suggest
that what you are trying to achieve is not possible using that
configuration.  I really don't know what httpd does to try and resolve
those overlapping Directory configurations, if anything.  Perhaps you could
try reversing their order in the configuration file, if you haven't already
tried that.

HTH,

Zac