httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <burri...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: Log format - escape characters
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 10:34:14 GMT
On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 12:20:35PM +0200, Matus fantomas Uhlar wrote:
> so are all spaces and blanks quoted? is it the same about query strings?
> is the only place where can be spaces the User-Agent header?

I believe so, however I have never tried logging the query string as
distinct from the request URI.  If the query string is produced by removing
the '?' and all characters left of it in the request URI, then it will not
contain spaces as they must be encoded as '%20'

The User-Agent header is just a string and can contain many characters
beyond those allowed in URI's.

Cheers,

Zac