httpd-users mailing list archives

From May Lyn Lis <maylyn...@yahoo.com.sg>
Subject digest_auth_module on Windows 2000 platform
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 09:32:31 GMT
Hi,
I have installed the following version to a Windows
2000 box.

Apache_1.3.24-Mod_SSL_2.8.8-OpenSSL_0.9.6c-WIN32.zip
The ssl portion work fine and now I trying out the
digest_auth_module for authentication to one of the
site.

My configuration in httpd.conf as such:
<Directory "/Apache/htdocs/MySite">
	AuthName Member
	AuthType Digest
	AuthDigestFile "c:\Apache\conf\password"
	require user test2
</Directory>

I have created the password file using following
command and syntax:

C:\Apache\bin>htdigest -c c:\apache\conf\password
member test2
Adding password for test2 in realm member.
New password: ********
Re-type new password: ********

However, when I access the page, the test2 user id and
password cannot be authenticate.

The page then return me with the following message :

This server could not verify that you are authorized
to access the document requested. Either you supplied
the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your
browser doesn't understand how to supply the
credentials required.

And, the error_log file has this error message:

Digest: user `test2' in realm `Member' not found:
/MySite/index.html

What have I missed out? Appreciate someone can help.
Thank you in advance for your help.