httpd-users mailing list archives

From Apolinaras Sinkevicius <apsin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Compressing proxy traffic? Need help! Mod_proxy with mod_gzip?
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 17:59:05 GMT
I would like to compress my proxy traffic since it
would definitely help my dial-up office workers.

I have looked at numerous places for config help, but
I keep on getting no compression:
mod_gzip: - In:- Out:-:-pct.

Anyone has any ideas (I am using 1.3.24)?

Here is snippets of my conf file

# Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support
#LoadModule mmap_static_module
modules/mod_mmap_static.so
#LoadModule jserv_module	modules/mod_jserv.so
LoadModule vhost_alias_module
modules/mod_vhost_alias.so
LoadModule env_module         modules/mod_env.so
LoadModule config_log_module
modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule agent_log_module   modules/mod_log_agent.so
LoadModule referer_log_module
modules/mod_log_referer.so
#LoadModule mime_magic_module
modules/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule mime_module        modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule negotiation_module
modules/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule status_module      modules/mod_status.so
LoadModule info_module        modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule includes_module    modules/mod_include.so
LoadModule autoindex_module   modules/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule dir_module         modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule cgi_module         modules/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule asis_module        modules/mod_asis.so
LoadModule imap_module        modules/mod_imap.so
LoadModule action_module      modules/mod_actions.so
#LoadModule speling_module     modules/mod_speling.so
#LoadModule userdir_module     modules/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule alias_module       modules/mod_alias.so
LoadModule rewrite_module     modules/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule access_module      modules/mod_access.so
LoadModule auth_module        modules/mod_auth.so
LoadModule anon_auth_module   modules/mod_auth_anon.so
LoadModule db_auth_module     modules/mod_auth_db.so
#LoadModule dbm_auth_module    modules/mod_auth_dbm.so
#LoadModule auth_ldap_module
modules/mod_auth_ldap.so
#LoadModule digest_module      modules/mod_digest.so
LoadModule gzip_module       modules/mod_gzip.so
<IfModule mod_gzip.c>
mod_gzip_on yes

mod_gzip_dechunk yes
mod_gzip_keep_workfiles No
mod_gzip_temp_dir /tmp
mod_gzip_minimum_file_size  100
mod_gzip_maximum_file_size  0
mod_gzip_maximum_inmem_size 100000

mod_gzip_item_include file \.htm$
mod_gzip_item_include file \.html$
mod_gzip_item_include file \.pl$
mod_gzip_item_include file \.php$
mod_gzip_item_include mime "jserv-servlet"
mod_gzip_item_include handler "jserv-servlet"
mod_gzip_item_include mime ^text/.*
mod_gzip_item_include mime ^message/.*
mod_gzip_item_include mime ^application/x-httpd-php
mod_gzip_item_include mime ^httpd/unix-directory$
mod_gzip_item_include handler "jakarta-servlet"
mod_gzip_item_include mime "jakarta-servlet"
mod_gzip_item_include handler ^perl-script$
mod_gzip_item_include handler ^cgi-script$
mod_gzip_item_include handler ^proxy-server$

mod_gzip_item_exclude mime ^image/.*
mod_gzip_item_exclude mime text/css
mod_gzip_item_exclude file "\.css$"
mod_gzip_item_exclude file "\.js$"
mod_gzip_item_exclude file "\.wml$"
mod_gzip_item_exclude reqheader "User-Agent: .*MSIE
5.*"
mod_gzip_item_exclude reqheader "User-Agent: .*MSIE
6.*"

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%V %r\" %>s %b mod_gzip:
%{mod_gzip_result}n In:%{mod_gzip_input_size}n
Out:%{mod_gzip_output_size}n:%{mod_gzip_compression_ratio}npct."
common_with_mod_gzip_info2
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/mod_gzip
common_with_mod_gzip_info2
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
    ProxyRequests On

    <Directory proxy:*>
        Order allow,deny
        Deny from all
deny from 61.0.0.0/8
deny from 62.0.0.0/8
deny from 80.0.0.0/8
deny from 81.0.0.0/8
deny from 193.0.0.0/8
deny from 194.0.0.0/8
deny from 195.0.0.0/8
deny from 196.0.0.0/8
deny from 202.0.0.0/8
deny from 203.0.0.0/8
deny from 210.0.0.0/8
deny from 211.0.0.0/8
deny from 218.0.0.0/8
deny from 219.0.0.0/8
deny from 220.0.0.0/8
        Allow from ........
    </Directory>
    ProxyVia Block

    CacheRoot "/var/cache/httpd"
    CacheSize 5
    CacheGcInterval 4
    CacheMaxExpire 24
    CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
    CacheDefaultExpire 1
#    NoCache a-domain.com another-domain.edu
joes.garage-sale.com
</IfModule>