httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: apache starts swaping
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 07:49:10 GMT
-> Tnx to all of u..seems like now its working fine....after
-> MaxRequestPerChild 100

Well, this is not solution but workaround. If you are using scripts, try
debugging them, and consider upgrading apache.

-> > -> im struggling now for a month to get apache not to swaping on my
-> > -> NetBSD box.Couple days ago i upgraded to 1.3.24 ...changed el-chip
-> > realtek
-> > -> chips to Intel EtherExpress...:) im tryed so many different config
-> > options
-> > -> but no luck:)in this mashine running only 2 sites with mysql
-> > database...and
-> > -> thats all.Box is PII 266 ,98RAM :)It stays about 3 days...and eating
-> > memory
-> > -> and then starts to swaping...and u know..what happens at the end :)
-> >
-> > It seems you have a memory leak in your system - apache or its scripts. Try
-> > to upgrade to the newest version of apache. You can also try limit
-> > MaxRequestsPerChild (0 is no limit - try 100 for example)
-> >
-> > Maybe you have leaking libraries - try upgrading to newest NetBSD.
-> >
-> > You can also try some malloc-debugging libraries. Or some programs that
-> > analyze what is using virtual memory...

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 "Where do you want to go to die?" [Microsoft]