httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: apache starts swaping
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 08:37:03 GMT
-> First off 98 MB RAM ain't gonna cut it. RAM is cheap so I'd
-> suggest upgrading at least to 256MB & more like 512 MB+.
->
-> Your showing 11 httpd processes running in excess of 300 MB
-> with some processes over 40 MB and the smallest is 24 MB!

you should not count sizes of all processess together - many memory pages
are shared between processes.