httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Johnson" <...@kc4hw.net>
Subject Apache accessible from LAN but not from Internet
Date Sun, 12 May 2002 15:29:17 GMT
Hello Everyone,

My Apache 1.3.24 installation on RedHat 7.2 with a Linksys BEFSR81
router/firewall is not visible on the internet.  It is visible on the LAN.

I have the DMZ Host set for this machine.  I presumed that this would
make this machine visible on the internet.  I am running sort of a telnet
server and it is visible on the internet without any special setting on the
Linksys device.

Do I also have to enable the forwarding on the BEFSR81?

What about port triggering?

This is a new Linksys device and even thought this device is ready to be
used with ZoneAlarm and PCillian, I have not enabled these functions.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Jim Johnson, Melbourne, Florida
jim@kc4hw.net - http://www.kc4hw.net