httpd-users mailing list archives

From Denis <de...@startsiden.no>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite questions
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 10:26:34 GMT
On Friday 03 May 2002 12:12 pm, Owen Boyle wrote:
> I take it you have read the mod_rewrite documentation and the excellent
> rewriting guide (see apache docs)? There is a "forbidden" flag you can
> set in a rule which will generate a 403. Something like:
> RewriteRule ^http - [F]

Actually I have read it, I won't say I know it by heart, but most of what I
know about mod_rewrite rulewriting has been learned from that resource :-)
What I know I am not that good at, is combining my (limited) knowledge of
RegExps and mod_rewrite rules to do very useful things :-/

I do know the [F]orbidden flag and I am sure you are correct that using it in
a rule is what will solve the problem , my question is how to craft a rule
that :

1. Matches all Proxy type requests of the form "GET
http://somethingsomething.com/somethingsomething"
2. Does not interfer with any valid / ordinary HTTP GET requests...

I did try the following, but obviously it matches to generally and denies
_any_ request.. So how to modify this rule so it will not grab _anything_,
but rather the illegal proxy requests ?

RewriteRule !^http://.* - [F]

--
Denis Braekhus - ABC Startsiden AS