httpd-users mailing list archives

From Denis <de...@startsiden.no>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite questions
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 09:56:11 GMT
On Friday 03 May 2002 11:46 am, Owen Boyle wrote:
> If you want to switch off proxying, just do:
> ProxyRequests Off
> Or is it more complicated than that?

I noticed (too late) my description of the problem was not very accurate.
FYI: Apache version is 1.3.2x with mod_rewrite compiled in and mod_proxy
disabled.

I did switch ProxyRequests Off a long time ago, then recompiled without
mod_proxy (as I don't use it at the moment) but still to this day I have a
_big load_ of requests coming in that are of the form :

X.X.88.230 - - [03/May/2002:10:36:35 +0200] "GET
http://www.ex-lamborghini.com/XXXX HTTP/1.0" 200 67

(and ex-lamborghini.com is not the domain I work with..)

They are so numerous that they definitely are of some irritation, and also
some of the requests match other rules and in some cases they accidentally
execute dynamic content (which I really don't want them to).

So what I need to do is have some way to catch proxy type requests and just
throw them a 403... (and stop rule processing there)

--
Denis Braekhus