httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Skwar <lists.ASk...@DigitalProjects.com>
Subject Re: making .js javascript files work on apache 2.0.35
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 20:51:42 GMT
Lee Fellows sagte am 2002-05-01 um 14:44:01 -0400:
>   My guess, and I admit this is a guess, is that the browser is not
> recognizing the JavaScript because "text/JavaScript" is not a legitimate
> scripting language.  I do not have my HTML reference materials with me,

That's wrong. <script language="JavaScriptn.n"> is a valid tag,  but the
language attibute of script is deprecated in favor of the type
attribute.  So, the only correct way to specify JavaScript sections, is
to use <script type="text/javascript">.  But note that this is case
sensitive!  So text/JavaScript is not the same as text/javascript.  You
may use language="whatever", but type is required.

> but that would be the first place I would look.

http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/special/script.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/interact/scripts.html#adef-t ype-SCRIPT

Alexander Skwar
--