httpd-users mailing list archives

From farshid.dabesh-k...@bt.com
Subject DSO problem on Solaris?
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 15:50:02 GMT
Hi all,

I have successfully compiled web_app for linking Tomcat 4.0.3 with Apache
2.0.35 on SPARC Solaris 2.8.

I have copied the created mod_webapp.so file over to $APACHE_HOME/modules
and edited the httpd.conf file (AddModule.......)

When I run $apachectl configtest, I get this error:

Syntax error on line 217 of /export/home/farshidd/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /export/home/farshidd/apache/modules/mod_webapp.so into server:
ld.s.o.1: /export/home/farshidd/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error:
file /export/home/farshidd/apache/modules/mod_webapp.so: symbol
apr_atomic_add_sparc: referenced symbol not found

I am guessing that it may be a compatibility problem with Solaris. I'm not
sure, I am kind of new to all this.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems, and if anyone knows
a fix or work around.

thanx

Farshid