httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Jackson" <david.j.jack...@pickledbeans.com>
Subject 2.0.35 Error: [emerg] (22) Couldn't set permissions on cross-process lock
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 21:20:41 GMT
Good day --

I'm having  problems getting 2.0.35 running on my Slackware-8.8 box (generic
install). Did a simple build: configure --prefix=/usr/local/http;make;make
install

Seem to complete with out errors, binaries are installed in /usr/local/http/bin.

But when I exicute apachectl start the process  dies logging the following
error in error_log?

[emerg] (22)Invalid argument: Couldn't set permissions on cross-process lock

No other apache or web processes are running on this box.

The config and config logs can viewed at :
http://library.pickledbeans.com/configlog.txt
http://library.pickledbeans.com/makelog.txt
http://library.pickledbeans.com/installlog.txt

Thanks in advance,