httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: Starting apache and httpd.conf problem
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 11:11:00 GMT
>I am having trouble with getting my apache installation to
>load DSO modules
>(.so files).
>
>I have compiled web_app to link apache to tomcat and I have
>copied over the
>created mod_webapp.so file into the modules folder of apache.
>Syntax error on line 217 of
>/export/home/farshidd/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
>Cannot load /export/home/farshidd/apache/modules/mod_webapp.so
>into server:
>ld.s.o.1: /export/home/farshidd/apache/bin/httpd: fatal:
>relocation error:
>file /export/home/farshidd/apache/modules/mod_webapp.so: symbol
>apr_atomic_add_sparc: referenced symbol not found

Astonshingly, I have been doing the very same thing this week...

I think you have missed compiling the Apache Portable Runtime library. What I did was:

- go to apr.apache.org and get the latest apr snapshot (it seems they do not have a "release"
system)
- unpack it in /tmp, then build it using:
	./buildconf
	./configure
	make

	Note that you need libtool to use buildconf - you can get this from www.gnu.org..

- now when you compile webapp, you should say:

	./configure --with-apxs --with-apr=/tmp/apr

	and it will pick up the libraries when building. As far as I understand, the APR libs are
compiled into webapp.so so you don't need to keep APR..

Rgds,

Owen boyle