httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Herrmann" <ch...@faredge.com.au>
Subject virtual host causes 404
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 11:38:49 GMT
Hi,

I'm running apache 1.3.23 on Redhat Linux 7.1. I've tried several different
versions, configurations etc tonight without success...

The basic problem is that now if I add virtual hosts, they fail to serve
correctly, always returing a 404.

If I look in the appropriate log files I get no messages, even if I turn up
the LogLevel for either apache, or the VirtualHost to "debug".

Our virtual hosts are defined in a file "/etc/apache/virtualhost.conf",
which is included in httpd.conf, along with mod_jk.conf  for tomcat.

Tomcat's working fine, as is mod_jk & php.

If I remove the reference to the virtual hosts, then suddenly apache starts
serving files again, but obviously only for the single host and not
everyone! d'oh!

Any ideas as to what I'm looking for here? What could be causing this to
break? Is there some way I can force it to reveal more information about
why it's bouncing me? Is there a module enabled that might be blocking it
that is only enabled for virtual hosts, that's killing it?

What information do I need to dig out, to solve it?

Thanks,

Chris Herrmann
Far Edge Technology

p. 02 99553640