httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Jackson" <david.j.jack...@pickledbeans.com>
Subject RE: Frontpage extension: Seg fault?
Date Sun, 26 May 2002 22:22:27 GMT
Bill --

I downloaded the FPE5.0 from the site I sent you earler.
What the readme said was it overwrite you httpd binary
(remember apachctl is a shell script that call it).

> DocumentRoot "usr/local/apache/htdocs"
> vs
> DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
>
> Does the difference of the leading "/" matter?
YES, it should begin with a "/", but apachectl configtest would catch
that error. If it doesn't then your looking at the wrong httpd.conf
for the httpd your running.

What happened when you ran /usr/local/apache/bin/apachctl start?
I do not remember. I can run it again if it won't blow up the universe.

------------------------- FPE5.0 install -----------------

Here's what the install script is saying (note the httpd verion):

Preparing for upgrade to Apache/1.3.19 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510...

The Apache daemon is going to be replaced with a stock Apache
containing the FrontPage patch and may result in the loss of
any custom modules that have been compiled into the daemon that
is currently in use.

Are you sure that you want to do this (y/n) [N]?

It goes on the rename httpd -> httpd.orig?
My installed failed because their httpd expects to find httpd.conf
and related files in /usr/local/apache, which mine isn't?

I saw a couple of FPE replacement on freshmet.net you might want to
take a look them.

David