httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject RE: apache 2.0.35, PHP, NetPBM specific issue
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 14:54:43 GMT
On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 10:05, Heinze, Sven wrote:
> actually its a timeout error. strange. i tried another thing: after the
> manual you should be able to get a directory listing using the "dir" command
> in SSI. this does not work neither. my guess is just that im not able to run
> any .exe on the server via a script.

  Have you configured apache to do SSI?

	You need to add Includes to the Options of the directory
        where you wish to use SSI.
	You also need to add 'AddType text/html .shtml' and
        'AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml' to your httpd.conf file or
	use the directive 'XBitHack on' and set the execute bit on
	the pages you want to process for includes.

 if i try it at the cmd-prompt it just
> works fine. i'll send in a log although i rememember it saying something
> about a timeout. this error only happens when the script is trying to create
> a thumbnail or otherwise manipulate the uploaded picture using the win32
> binaries (which i double checked that they are in the path and reachable
> from the script). This has to be a security fault, maybe i have to put
> something in the .conf to make apache execute .exe files ?

  The log file could really be useful.