httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Ricker <bric...@wellinx.com>
Subject Re: apache performance question
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 21:08:01 GMT
Look at using Fast_CGI. Usually, separate instance of each CGI script is
executed after each request; fast_cgi loads the scripts in RAM (sort of
like an init() in Java) so that Apache does not have to fork a CGI
process for every request. Can make a WORLD of difference in CGI
performance.

Ben Ricker
Web Security System Administrator
Wellinx.com