httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: proxy server on modem
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 12:37:34 GMT
Stuart,

  It sounds like you are trying to use apache for something it is not
made for.  If you want to access the internet from your windows boxes
through the Linux machine, you would be better off setting up the
Linux box as a router/firewall NAT'ing for your windows machines.
Apache proxy server is to redirect to a specific server specific
requests based upon the configuration.