httpd-users mailing list archives

From "RuneImp" <r...@imptech.net>
Subject Re: Why keep 2 versions ?
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 07:31:06 GMT
2.0.x is very new and many popular Apache modules do not
currently work with the new version of Apache. Also not
everything works properly yet in the 2.0.x branch. There
are still some issues. The 1.3.x branch is very stable
though.

So if your in a production environment or need access to
certain modules then you should use the 1.3.x branch. If
This isn't a production environment and you don't mind a
little instability in your server then 2.0.x is going to
be much more fun to play with.

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chan Kwok Leung" <kwokleung-chan@morgentech.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 12:21 AM
Subject: Why keep 2 versions ?

Hi,

I'm very new to Apache. I've installed from RPM of Apache 1.3 in RH7.2.
I just have a look on the apache.org. I found there are 2 version for
the apache, 1.3 and 2.0.
Version 2.0 seems much better than 1.3. So, why are there still some
development s on v1.3 ? Why don't us all change to v2.0 ?

--
Chan Kwok Leung