httpd-users mailing list archives

From "RuneImp" <r...@imptech.net>
Subject Re: PHP 4.2.1 / Apache 1.3.24...
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 23:23:36 GMT
This is a PHP issue. Look up session variables and/or
add the name of the variable & it's value to the URL
(GET header).

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI)" <sn4265@sbc.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 12:18 PM
Subject: PHP 4.2.1 / Apache 1.3.24...

I have a question about passing variables between web pages...  I am
running Apache 1.3.24 with PHP 4.2.1 and FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions.
My problem is that I have a web page that provides a list of systems
generated dynamically from a database.  The user selects a system, and then
is forwarded to another page that displays the results of the query based on
the name of the system that the user has selected.  The system list is
working fine, but when I "Submit" to display the results of the query, the
query results page is missing the result data.
The troubleshooting that I have done led me to discover that the
variable that holds the selected system name is apparently not being passed
correctly.  I determined this because if I replace the variable name on the
results page with a valid system name, I get the expected output.  I am not
sure if this problem is with Apache, FrontPage, PHP, or some combination of
these three.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Below is the relevant section of both the query page, and the
results page:

Query:

        <?php
        mysql_pconnect("localhost","auto");
        mysql_select_db("LD_Systems");
        $results = mysql_query("SELECT Name FROM systems");
        $dropdown = "<select size=\"1\" name=\"system\">\n";
          while($name = mysql_fetch_row($results)) {
            $dropdown .= "<option>$name[0]</option>\n";
          }
          $dropdown .= "</select>\n";
        ?>
      <form method="POST" action="db_query.htm">
        <?php echo "$dropdown"; ?>

Results:

<h3 align="center">Results Of Your Query</h3>

<?php
  trim($system);
  $link = mysql_connect("localhost","auto");
  mysql_select_db("LD_Systems");
  $results = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM systems WHERE Name = '$system'");
  $data = mysql_fetch_assoc($results);
  printf ("Name:  %s <br>\n", $data["Name"]);
  echo ("<font color=\h3>"."System:  ".$data["Name"]."  IP Address:
".$data["IP"]."  Primary SA:  ".$data["SA"]."<br>"."");

Thanks again.

Scott Nipp
Phone:  (214) 858-1289
E-mail:  sn4265@sbc.com