httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott" <scott.l...@mlec.net>
Subject Re: public_html pages stopped serving [fixed]
Date Sat, 25 May 2002 23:03:42 GMT
David, et.al.:

Thanks for the help guys.  I found the problem.  When the filesystem filled,
it somehow left the password file with the wrong permissions.  When I
corrected the permissions on it, the webserver was back to working
completely.  I guess a good symptom for the archive since I couldn't find
anythingt on it when searching.  Bad /etc/passwd permissions = can't serve
~public_html.

At least all this prodded me to update my Apache rpm <g>.

Thanks again very much for the suggestions and help.
Scott