httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ron Wingfield" <dtc...@ionet.net>
Subject Re: Virtual Hosting Configuration for v2.0.28
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 22:46:17 GMT
Well, Joshua, I take it back.  I'm still testing with the asterisks replacing the hard IP addresses,
and guess what, it works!  In all of my try-every-possible-combination Odyssey, I forgot to
un-comment-out the DocumentRoot directive for the ClassXBoats.com VirtualHost container.
Silly me.

I was composing this message as a reply to one of your previous responses, just as this message
arrived.  I still don't see the graphics, but I'm checking the directory location, paths,
etc.  I've had the ClassXBoats.com site working in private user space on an ionet.net site
(. . .which now belongs to earthlink).

More to follow, film at eleven!
RW
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joshua Slive
  To: users@httpd.apache.org ; Ron Wingfield
  Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 5:38 PM
  Subject: Re: Virtual Hosting Configuration for v2.0.28

  On Wed, 29 May 2002, Ron Wingfield wrote:

  > I am beginning to think (as in agree with you) that v2.0.28 may be the
  > problem.  I assume that v2.0.36 is the most current?

  I don't know of any bugs specifically with virtual hosts in 2.0.28, but
  there were many other bugs fixed, so it is worth upgrading.

  Incidentally, your vhosts are working fine from where I'm sitting.  I get
  two different hosts for your different URLs.

  (And yes, the IP address should work, but I find that about 80% of all
  people saying "my vhost doesn't work" are using the wrong IP address;
  using the "*" eliminates that possibility.)

  Joshua.