httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter" <pgog...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Apache on Windows
Date Sat, 04 May 2002 01:13:19 GMT
My network consists of three PCs connected via a netgear Ethernet hub. The
three PCs run different operating system,. win98, NT and Rehat Linux 7.1.

I do not have a router

I am prototyping a web site and am using the win98 as the host. I am running
apache (1.3) on this machine. I want to be able to connect to the prototype
from both the NT and Linux boxes.

Once I have the prototype running and I intend to port to the linux machine
which will become the permanent host.   The win98 and NT machines will be
used for further development work.
 I decided to do it this way because I am more familiar with windows than
Linux and want to prove the concept prior to investing a lot of time in
setting up the Linux box.

As stated in the earlier message I can pin any of the machines from the
other two. The IP addresses used locally are 198.168.0.x. For the win98 x
=3, for NT x=3 and for Linux x = 10.

I can connect to the prototype site locally form the win98 box but not from
either of the others.
Regards

Peter Goggin