httpd-users mailing list archives

From "mail.earthlink.net" <bedoug...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: basic log question
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 01:03:46 GMT
Additional information ....

I'm on a Windows 2000 platform. Also, If I'm correct in assuming that the
"pipe" takes place to an external application. Does Apache fire off a new
copy of the external process each time information is logged???

Thanks,

Bruce Douglas
bedouglas@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: mail.earthlink.net [mailto:bedouglas@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 5:37 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: basic log question

Hi...

I'm looking to create an application that will use as input, the output of
the Custom Logfile. I want the application to be written in C/C++ for the
speed factor.

Apache docs indicate that I can pipe the output of the Custom log command to
an "external" application. However, I haven't been able to determine how the
external application receives the log information. I'm fairly certain that
the information is sent via a pipe, and I'm fairly certain that the pipe is
"STDIN".

I need to know if this is correct. I'd also appreciate if anyone could
direct me to any pointers or information regarding this issue. Source code
or sample applications would be especially helpful!!

Thanks

Bruce Douglas
bedouglas@earthlink.net