httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gerard O'Reilly" <orei...@ssltbivdc.com>
Subject File Permissions CHMOD
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 07:30:00 GMT
Hi,
Im using Apache 1.3.12 for my Intranet and am trying to set up proper and
standardised security.  Apache is running on RHLinux 6.2.
What is the recommended Unix File Persmissions to be set on Document Root?
Who should I set the Owner and Group as?
In httpd.conf I set my username to apache (changed from nobody) recommended
by the Apache book im clinging on to.  I created that user in the
/etc/passwd and /etc/group files.

And what file permissions should I set for the UserDir?

Please help - its probably a real basic question but Im hoping someone will
take pity on me and point me in the RIGHT direction!?
Thanks

Mr. Gerard O'Reilly
Siam Stars Ltd
Bangkok