httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@home.ro>
Subject Re: Problem w/mod_ssl in httpd 2.0.36?
Date Sun, 05 May 2002 03:47:48 GMT
Is 2.0.36 already available?
Or I misunderstood from your message?

Teddy,
orasnita@home.ro

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tara Piorkowski" <tara@vilaj.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 4:43 AM
Subject: Problem w/mod_ssl in httpd 2.0.36?

I've been trying to use httpd 2.0.35 with mod_ssl support for the past
several weeks. Unfortunately, I seemed to be affected by the infinite
loop bug that appeared to be triggered by Netscape browsers. So, I
started playing around with the forthcoming 2.0.36 release to see if it
fixed the problem. I did find that the infinite loop bug was no longer
there, but, I could not get 2.0.36 with SSL support to continue
processing requests for very long. At first I thought it was a
mod_webapp problem, but removing every reference to that module did not
make the problem go away.

The problem specifically is that within a few dozen SSL page requests,
the requests seem to end up in limbo. That is, the browser appears to be
fetching the page, but it never appears. I cannot find anything in the
logs to indicate what is going on. I have tried on two different
platforms, as specified below, and both exhibit the exact same behavior.

Hardware          Intel PIII      PowerPC G3
Distro            Debian Woody    Debian Woody
Kernel            2.2.20          2.4.18

Both were compiled using the following configure line...

./configure --prefix=/opt/apache-2.0.36 --enable-so --enable-ssl

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this behavior or if there was
possibly something I was doing wrong. Regardless, I appreciate any
assistance anyone could provide.

Regards,
Tara

--