httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ron Wingfield" <dtc...@ionet.net>
Subject Re: Virtual Hosting Configuration for v2.0.28
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 21:08:32 GMT
Where does the VirtualDocumentRoot directive go?
Should it be included inside each VirtualHost container?
. . .or is it a global directive?
If global, then should each individual VirtualHost container still contain a DocumentRoot
directive?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Wingfield
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 3:01 PM
  Subject: RE: Virtual Hosting Configuration for v2.0.28

  Problem:  Apache v2.0.28 (as per my configuration, running with FreeBSD v4.5) absolutely
will not follow the DocumentRoot directive in my VirtualHost container.  I have rattled around
the On-Line Documentation, perused various FAQ sites, etc, and corresponded extensively with
another forum contributor regarding my configuration. The only documents served are from my
default DocumentRoot, which is specified as:

     DocumentRoot "/www/htdocs"

  My httpd.conf file contains the following:

     NameVirtualHost 66.138.104.73

     <VirtualHost 66.138.104.73>
         ServerAdmin rtwingfield@archaxis.net
         DocumentRoot /www/htdocs
         ServerName www.archaxis.net
         ServerAlias archaxis.net
     </VirtualHost>

     <VirtualHost 66.138.104.73>
         ServerAdmin rtwingfield@archaxis.net
         DocumentRoot "/www/vhosts/ClassXBoats.com/htdocs"
         ServerName www.classxboats.com
         ServerAlias classxboats.com
         ErrorLog logs/ClassXBoats-error_log
         CustomLog logs/ClassXBoats-access_log common
     </VirtualHost>

  I've read the docs about the VirtualDocumentRoot at
  httpd://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_vhost_alias.html
  and tried some configurations with the directive, and my
  configuration quit finding either server.

  Question:  I have assumed that the DocumentRoot directive
  in the VirtualHost container would be sufficient to effectively
  override the default DocumentRoot directive's path.

  Anyone having similar (lack of) success?

  Also, I've been chastized for mixing upper and lower case
  letters.  . . .I know, .. .I know, but I've tried without the uppers,
  and with no success.

  OTTF,
  RW