httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nimster <nims...@netvision.net.il>
Subject Re: mod_autoindex problems - before a bug report.
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 18:25:51 GMT

> On Fri, 10 May 2002, Nimster wrote:
> > I am using Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 2, on an Intel
> > Pentium 3. I'm running Apache as a system service.
> >
> > I have no firewall, but I am connected through a VPN with an ADSL modem
> > to the internet.
> >
> > I am unable to use the Autoindex feature. Whenever any client enters a
> > directory which I set up Apache to autoindex (using Options Indexes),
> > the connection times out and I get a "Cannot find Server" error - while
> > on the server side I get:
> > Apache.exe - Application Error
> > The exception unknown software exception (oxc00000fd) occurred in the
> > application at location 0x77f8299c
> > The addresses never change, neither after an Apache restart nor reboot.
>
> I hate to tell you this, but if I had to guess, I would say your VPN
> software is at fault.  I have tried the same setup, and I get
> mod_autoindex working fine.
>
> But feel free to report it in the bug database.  Perhaps one of the win32
> gurus will have some debugging suggestions.  Be sure to include exact
> details about your VPN software.
>
> Joshua.

Thanks for the reply, but I doubt it. Even if my VPN (A standard MS Windows
2000 setting, no special software) proves an obstacle to the directory
listing by Apache, the bug is in Apache 2.0, as the fact that it's now
set-up and working on 1.3.24 can prove: http://nimster.dyndns.org/pictures/
to see for yourself. Furthermore, *everything* else about my internet
connection and server(s) is working, but with software you can never know.

In any case, I'll wait a week for further replies, genious ideas and wierd
experiments before I submit the bug to the Bugzilla engine.

I would like to take the chance to apologize for sending HTML mail to this
list - I did not notice the setting was On in my e-mail client until it was
too late.

Thanks again,
-Nimster