httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Estes -=RCN Mail=-" <e.es...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: Enabling CGI on Apache 1.3.23
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 06:44:44 GMT
This is what I put in my httpd.conf file and then restarted httpd:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/cgi-bin/

<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin/">
AllowOverride None
Options Includes ExecCGI MultiViews FollowSymLinks
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

This is what shows up in my error log:
***************************************

[Fri May  3 03:30:09 2002] [error] (2)No such file or directory: exec of
/var/www/cgi-bin/test.pl failed
[Fri May  3 03:30:09 2002] [error] [client 192.168.1.1] Premature end of
script headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/test.pl

This is a copy of the test.pl file I'm trying to run:

#!/usr/bin/perl

# hello.pl -- my first perl script!

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

print <<"EOF";
<HTML>

<HEAD>
<TITLE>Hello, world!</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY>
<H1>Hello, world!</H1>
</BODY>

</HTML>
EOF

The script works fine when run from shell but can't be access from my
website. Here is the error I get when I to run it from the browser:
Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.

--------

Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.23 Server at Mithrilhall.Linux Port 80