httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gerard O'Reilly" <orei...@ssltbivdc.com>
Subject Require a Group but exclude a User
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 09:48:57 GMT

Hi,
I am using htaccess and User Authentication on my Intranet.
I am using Groups and Users but would like to allow access for a Group but exclude a certain
User who is a member of the group - can i do this?

Example
<Directory "/home/httpd/html/resources/omt/">
        AuthName "Intranet - restricted area"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthGroupFile /etc/httpd/conf/.grouplist
        AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/passwordfile
#       AuthAuthoritative off
        require group omt
</Directory>

there is a user named intramgr in the group omt who I dont want to have access.  What is or
is there a command for this?

Many thanks

Mr. Gerard O'Reilly
Intranet Manager
Siam Stars Ltd/ Thai-Belgium Industrial Co. Ltd
21/6 Moo 3, Soi Kayha Bangbua,
Viphavadee Rangsit Road,
60 Talad Bangkhen,
Laksi Bangkok 10210