httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Leach" <sle...@askalix.com>
Subject Re: Apache support for ISAPI?
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 16:15:33 GMT
Cheers,

Found the page and have just implemented it - the DLL executes exactly as
needed and fires up the application as needed. But (why is there always a
but?) I have observed the following from the header (examples are Apache and
IIS):
APACHE

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 15:52:12 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.36 (Win32)
Connection: close

<?xml version="1.0"?>

IIS

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 23:51:41 GMT
Set-cookie: ASKALEXTT=1020988301;

<?xml version="1.0"?>

In the IIS response, the server does not return an end of encoding content
type, allowing us to send our own, demonstrated here by us calling for a WAP
formatted .wml file which the .dll does, it also returns a cookie - which we
want to retain. In this example, branding up the server allows us to return
browser formatted data, Wap formatted data, or data for specific devices, so
header information is critical for us.

In the Apache header, the return of the Content-Type:
application/octet-stream actually causes a problem in that we are unable to
modify the header from the .dll and this disrupts the intended action.

My question is thus: Is there any way that we can tell Apache not to send
back the Content type and allow the .dll to add or modify the header before
it is returned?

Once again thanks in advance for any pointers or information.

Best Regards,

Steve Leach
Network Manager