httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lewis Watson" <li...@visionsix.com>
Subject Re: Configuration question
Date Sat, 04 May 2002 00:35:07 GMT
No domain necessary. Where are your files that you want on the site and
where does httpd.conf show as the docroot?
Lewis Watson

----- Original Message -----
From: <cam516@bellsouth.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 5:19 PM
Subject: Configuration question

> This is not the problem in your FAQ.  I have just installed Apache but do
not yet have a domain name, however I have already developed a web site c:\a
web page\index.html. I have developed this page using FrontPage for windows
98. I am trying to somehow substitute the  test page for the installation
with the web page I have developed and is located at the above location. I
do not see a way of doing this in the configuration page. Is there a way of
doing this? Or must I wait until I have a domain name?

> I am using http://127.0.0.1 the reason for my question is I was using the
TZO web server and could do this with their server software