httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: httpd problem - scalars leaked!
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 16:22:33 GMT

Odhiambo
> Washington
> Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 9:14 AM
> To: users@httpd.apache.org; rbb@covalent.net
> Subject: Re: httpd problem - scalars leaked!
>
> * Ryan Bloom <rbb@covalent.net> [20020502 18:59]: wrote:
> > > From: Odhiambo Washington [mailto:wash@wananchi.com] On Behalf Of
> > Odhiambo

> > using
> > > >

> > > Hello Ryan,
> > >
> > > Why does it disappear when i comment out the include file? That's
my
> > > surprise.
> > > It would appear there is something apache doesn't like in there?
> >
> > I would need to see the include file to be able to answer that.
>

> Attached...

To be 100% sure I would need to see the rest of your config, and the
version of Perl that you are using (along with the configure options to
Perl), but from looking at this file it looks like mod_perl is the cause
of your problem.  You are enabling mod_perl for the default virtual host
in this file.  If you don't enable mod_perl anywhere else, then the
problem would be mod_perl.  You should check the configuration flags
that you used for mod_perl, if they include multi-threaded support, then
you have your answer.

This message doesn't appear in Apache at all, it does appear in Perl,
and it usually has something to do with threading.  That is the best
that I can tell you, I would suggest asking on the Perl or mod_perl
lists for more information about what the message actually means.

Ryan