httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@home.ro>
Subject Re: Apache on Windows
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 03:59:33 GMT
Go to Control  Panel/Internet Options.
There  make sure you have that radio button with "Dial a conection  whenever
a network connection is not present" or "never dial a connection".

If it won't work, go to security tab, choose Intranet, then press the
"sites" button and put the network address of the other computer in there.
It will make them know that the other computer is in Intranet.

HTH.
Teddy,
orasnita@home.ro

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter" <pgoggin@optusnet.com.au>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 5:44 AM
Subject: Re: Apache on Windows

>   What do you get when attempting to connect to the web server on the
>   win98 box from the NT box?
The NT box insists I go on line and then says the URL requested
(http:/10.0.0.2/) could not be retrieved connection failed etc (see
attachment)

Using the name of the box gets a similar message but this time the failed
URL is  http//peterg2.connect.com (see attachment)

>   Can you connect to the web server on the win98 box from the win98
>   box using its IP address?
Yes, both using IP (10.0.0.2) and name  (peterg2)

I still cannot connect from the Win98 to the NT box without the win98 being
connected to the internet.

Note that provided I use network neighbourhood and find the direct path to
the web pages on the NT box I can access them from the win98 without being
on line.  Similarly I can access the win98 site from the NT box, although
cgi does not work.

Where do I start looking for the problems?

Regards

Peter Goggin