httpd-users mailing list archives

From "JMassengill" <m...@jlm.dns2go.com>
Subject Re: apache 2.0.36 service problem with W2K
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 19:17:57 GMT
AH....A good suggestion. A few days ago, on my error log I kept seeing
errors that said "httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous
Apache run?"
I didn't know if someone was trying to change my httpd.pid so i set the file
properties to read only. When I rebooted this morning, it was the first
reboot since setting the httpd.pid file properties to read only.  When I
looked in the error log, I found a entry for the above error and also an
entry saying "Apache.exe could not log pid file". So I changed the file
properties back and the service started the next time I tried it.
I guess the KISS (keep it simple stupid) rule applies in this case
Thanks for the suggestion, it really did help
Johnny Massengill