httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve McKay" <...@neo.rr.com>
Subject apache -t can't find the server config file
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 05:01:02 GMT
I have a Win32 binary (.MSI) package of Apache 2.0.35 running on Win2k Pro.  Yesterday, I did
an upgrade (as opposed to clean) re-install of the Win2k OS, in an attempt to fix a non-related
error (of which didn't get remedied, by the way).

Sometime after the OS re-install, I went to execute the apache -t command that checks the
config file syntax, and gave me an error message that it couldn't find the file C:\Program
Files\e Group\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf.  I can see right away that it's reporting back the
path name incorrectly (should be  - C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf),
and that's why it can't find the file.  What I'd like to know is, did any one else have the
same, or very similar problem, did it get solved, and if so, how?

This error happens on ANY and ALL attempts to use the apache command and any of it's command
switches from the console (dos prompt), however, Apache  behaves normally, and serves up the
pages as the config file specifies.

If anyone could be of assistance, that would be great!