httpd-users mailing list archives

From "sywan.cv" <sywan...@msa.hinet.net>
Subject Encoding problem
Date Sat, 25 May 2002 07:15:58 GMT
Dear friends,

  I got a web-page encoding problem, as shown below.

(1)  The software package I am using to compile my pages is Adobe GoLive

(2)  Some of my pages are in English, others are in Chinese (BIG-5) for
which I inserted the line

the [<head></head>] construct.

(3)  The pages look fine on my local machine. But, if I upload these
pages to my Apache server (a Win 2000 Server - Chinese version) and
browse remotely and enable the auto-select option, the Chinese pages
always fail to encode correctly. I have to manually select the
Traditional-Chinese encoding every time. This happens when I either
install Apache Server 1.3.24 or 2.0.36.

Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated!

Shu-Yen Wan