httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Divyank Turakhia" <divyan...@directi.com>
Subject RE: SuexecUserGroup & apache 2.0.35
Date Sat, 04 May 2002 07:48:53 GMT
> Check this quote from the same page:
> 3.  Is this valid user allowed to run the wrapper?
> Is this user the user allowed to run this wrapper? Only one
> user (the Apache user) is allowed to execute this program.

I want different users to run cgi files per virtual host which is why I
am trying to use SuexecUserGroup. When I remove the SuexecUserGroup line
from the virtual host, the cgi file works properly and displays correct
results as it is running as nobody (the apache user in the global
settings of httpd.conf). When "SuexecUserGroup test33 site47" is
specified inside the virtualhost directive I guess the cgi scripts
should run as user test33, but it is giving an error "user mismatch
(nobody instead of 99)"

> You said in building apache that suexec was going to be
> called by user "99".  Instead, it is being called by "nobody"
> (from the User directive in httpd.conf).  You need to
> recompile using --with-suexec-caller=nobody.
>
> Joshua.

The uid of nobody is 99 hence I have specified --with-suexec-caller=99.
I tried recompiling it too with --with-suexec-caller=nobody but I get
same error

Thanks,
Divyank