httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Divyank Turakhia" <divyan...@directi.com>
Subject SuexecUserGroup & apache 2.0.35
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 19:47:12 GMT
Hi,

I'm having a little problem with suexec.
I configured apache with following suexec options :  --enable-suexec
--with-suexec-caller=99 --with-suexec-docroot=/domains
--with-suexec-uidmin=500 --with-suexec-gidmin=500
--with-suexec-logfile=/usr/local/apache2/logs/suexec_log

I need several virtualhosts, this is an example of one :

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.192>

ServerName www.test33.com
ServerAdmin apacherrors
DocumentRoot /domains/www.test33.com/web

SuexecUserGroup test33 site47

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
AddHandler cgi-script .pl
<Directory /domains/www.test33.com/web/>
    Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

And
i have a valid user named "test33" uid=572
Valid group site47 gid=584

Now whenever i try to execute http://192.168.1.192/test.cgi i get the
internal server error and following entry in suexec_log : [2002-05-04
00:40:33]: user mismatch (nobody instead of 99)

(when i delete the SuexecUserGroup directive in my virtualhost then the
script executes fine, but as the default apache user, nobody, this is
not what i need.) By reading the suexec.html I found the follows:

<quote>

One way to use the suEXEC wrapper is through the User and Group
directives in VirtualHost definitions. By setting these directives to
values different from the main server user ID, all requests for CGI
resources will be executed as the User and Group defined for that
<VirtualHost>. If only one or neither of these directives are specified
for a <VirtualHost> then the main server userid is assumed

</quote>

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong ?

Regards,
Divyank