httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michal Ludvig <michal-li...@logix.cz>
Subject PATH_INFO in Apache 2.0.35 and PHP 4.2RC
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:05:29 GMT
Hi all,
I'm trying to upgrade Apache 1.3.20 with PHP 4.0.5 to the new Apache
2.0.35 and PHP 4.2RC (taken from CVS). I already made almost everything
working, but am still fighting with these topics:

1) I can't make PATH_INFO working.
Suppose I have an URL http://server/script.php which works, but
http://server/script.php/something doesn't. In the old Apache it worked
without problems. I also tried to put 'AcceptPathInfo on' into httpd.conf
as well as to .htaccess, but nothing changed. Apache just yields
"404-object not found" message. How do I let it work?

2) One of my virtual hosts uses /some/script.php as a DocumentRoot.
Apache 1.3 accepted and used it (passing a propper PATH_INFO to it), but
Apache 2.0 doesn't. It complains about non-existing DocumentRoot and
refuses to serve this virtual host.

Does anybody have an idea how to make these two things working?

Thanks in advance.

Michal Ludvig