httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Costa Portela <cco...@servidores.net>
Subject Re: About .htaccess
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:16:14 GMT
On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Owen Boyle wrote:
> Remember that .htaccess files are not essential for password protection:

	Certainly. Thanks!

> .htaccess is just a method of making certain directives apply to a
> particular directory (including those needed by mod_auth for password
> protection). To make .htaccess work you need to allow it to override the
> directives in httpd.conf - that usually means doing:
>
> <Directory /path/to/dir>
>   AllowOverride AuthConfig
> </Directory>

	Ok. But is there any way to do that I can create my .htaccess
without insert anything in httpd.conf?. I don't want insert a new
<Directory ...> block for each time I want to protect a directory, or
apply a new directive. Is there any way to achieve this?

	Thanks in advance,
		Carlos.

  http://www.tertulandia.com : sea cual sea tu tema... allí está tu sitio!

| e-mail:  ccosta@servidores.net | home page: http://casa.ccp.servidores.net |