httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: The front page - a CGI?
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 15:10:31 GMT
On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know that in Apache HTTPD.conf file I could set more tipes of index page
> (index.html index.shtml index.htm, etc) but I don't know if it is possible
> to  use an index.cgi as a front page.
> Is it possible?
>
> I need that because I want to put a counter on it and I don't have SSI on
> the web server where is my page.
> Do I need to set something in the httpd.conf file, or I need other settings?
> Or it isn't possible?

Yes, you can put any file name you want in a DirectoryIndex directive.
Make sure, of course, that cgi execution is permitted in the directory
in question.

Did you try this and experience any particular problem?

Rich
--
CooperMcGregor.com - Apache and mod_perl training
ApacheAdmin.com - Apache Administrator's Handbook