httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chien-Lung Wu <c...@unity.ncsu.edu>
Subject Using Apache server as rever proxy --help
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:27:01 GMT

Hi,

I am working on the reverse proxy using Apache server (1.3x) in Linux
(RH7.1)

Can any show me how to turn the httpd.conf to support reverse proxy
function.

The configuration for my test-bed is:

			    www.student.edu
http request --------------->(linux) rever proxy ---->my real web server
(http://www.student.edu)			      www1.student.cs.edu

As I understand, the client (user) just have the idea of
"www.student.edu"; but as the proxy server, the request will relay to the
real web server -- www1.student.cs.edu. Am I right?

And how can I configure  Apache server to approach this request?
Can any point out the Linux/apache rever proxy for me? Thanks.

Chien-Lung

Chien-Lung Wu						cwu4@eos.ncsu.edu
Graduate Student of ECE 				(O) 919-513-1894
at North Carolina State University			(H) 919-233-6724