httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cgi and virtual host
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 02:48:48 GMT

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, rott wrote:

> #!/usr/bin/perl
> is what i have and that is where perl is located on my computer

> From: Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca>
> > rott wrote:
> >

> > > [Sun Apr 28 19:53:21 2002] [error] (2)No such file or directory: exec of
> > > /home/websites/rott.adobygonebad.com/cgi-bin/systemstatus.cgi failed
> > > [Sun Apr 28 19:53:21 2002] [error] [client 192.168.1.1] Premature end of
> > > script headers:
> > > /home/websites/rott.adobygonebad.com/cgi-bin/systemstatus.cgi
> >
> > See:
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/cgi.html#pathinformation
> >
> > The path to your script interpreter on the first line of
> > systemstatus.cgi is not correct.

Did you transfer this file between a windows system and a unix system?  If
so, check that the line-endings are correct for unix.

The real way to debug these problems is the following:
cd /home/websites/rott.adobygonebad.com/cgi-bin
./systemstatus.cgi

Until you can get the script to run like that, you have no chance of
running it via apache.

Joshua.