httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Syntax error on line 329 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:02:15 GMT

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Tore Dalaker wrote:

> root@moo:/usr/src/apache_1.3.24# apachectl start
> Syntax error on line 329 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command 'Order', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
> included in the server configuration

It means what it says: Your server doesn't include the module that
provides the "Order" directive.  Since this module is mod_access, and
mod_access is included by default in every apache distribution that I have
seen, that means that you have a problem with your installation of Apache.

To solve this, do the following:

1. Try "httpd -l".  You will probably see that mod_access is not there,
but mod_so is there, meaning that you are using dynamic modules.

2. Check you modules/ directory to make sure it has mod_access.so.

3. Add a LoadModule line for mod_access in httpd.conf.

While those are the correct instructions, my guess is that you will then
have a problem with a bunch of other modules.  Your best bet is to find
why your httpd.conf doesn't include those things in the first place.  Try
rebuilding apache and use the configuration file that is generated as part
of the build process.

Joshua.