httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: 3rd party modules
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:08:57 GMT

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Bob Rohde wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is, or will be, a mod_frontpage for apache
> 2.0.35? How about any user contributed modules? The headers have changed
> in 2.0.35-most notably absent is http_conf_globals.h-and none of the
> mod_frontpage versions I've found will build in the new environment.
> Same seems to be true with modules from the old apache-contrib-1.0.8.

Apache 2.0 is source and binary INcompatible with Apache 1.3.  Porting
modules is not all that difficult, but it is not trivial either.  Talk to
the mod_frontpage developers if you are interested in that specific module
(but consider switching to mod_dav as a much better option for the
future).

Joshua.