httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Em Dash/Apache/Netscape 4x bug
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:57:48 GMT

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Adam Powell wrote:

> Okay, I've isolated the problem further. There is a NN 4.x bug reading
> &mdash;  but more importantly:
>
> when
> set var="title value =
>
> is followed by a  # sign, or maybe a & sign, or maybe both, I get text
> instead of HTML in the resulting page as rendered by certain browsers. Does
> this sound familiar?

Sorry, I should have guessed this right away.  The problem isn't in "set",
it is in "echo".  Please see the mod_include docs with special attention
to the "encoding" attribute to "echo".  This was added a couple years ago
to reduce the chance of Cross-Site-Scripting in SSI pages.  You need to
turn off the encoding using echo.

Joshua.